I know a lot of women who are unhappy about the fact that they required a cesarean section to bring their babies into the world.
They usually report feeling angry or inadequate, like they weren’t capable of giving birth naturally.
While it is perfectly normal to feel those emotions, this is a trauma you don’t want to carry in your womb. On the healing path, we have enough to deal with already. For our own well-being, it is best we learn to see things we couldn’t have done much about from higher perspectives so we may be free to move forward.
Womb Healing For Cesarean Birth Mamas
- Completely acknowledge the emotions you are feeling. Journal about them or use EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). The more you acknowledge them, the faster they are neutralized and easier they become to release. This paves way for you to see the same upsetting event from a different perspective and heal yourself in the process.
- Reflect on why you needed a cesarean section in the first place. You would have been informed by your medical team about why you required the surgery. This surgery is done when allowing labour to progress naturally poses a risk to the baby or mother. Until several decades back, rates of infant and maternal mortality were pretty high. Women risked their lives in order to give birth. Thanks to advances in medicine that make a timely diagnosis of complications and intervention possible, mortality rates have been brought down significantly. Yes, you were deprived of your natural birthing experience. However, you or your baby also gained something in the process. Acknowledging the benefit you received will help you release the associated trauma faster and may even bring in feelings of gratitude.
- Contemplate on feelings of ‘let down’ you may be holding on to. If you feel like your body let you down by not allowing you to birth naturally, ask yourself if that’s true or if it’s just another limiting belief you’ve taken on. A lot of women hold on to the belief that in order to be seen as women they must be perfect in every way – fair, beautiful, slim, blemishless, perfect moms, wives, and daughters and the list goes on. Could it be that you’re harbouring a subconscious belief that says you must also be the perfect ‘birther’ of life?
- Nature is perfect and imperfect at the same time. There is nothing like a ‘perfect birther.’ Left to nature, births happen perfectly and imperfectly all the time. Left to nature, some mothers and offspring survive, some don’t. This is the case with animals too, and not just humans. That’s just how nature works on Planet Earth. When seen from this perspective, have you ever considered that it may not even be your fault or your body’s fault that you couldn’t have a perfect natural birth?
- Having said that, it’s also equally true (at least for those of us on the healing path) that our outer world is a reflection of our inner world. There are times when we know why we manifested a certain experience into our lives. There could be soul lessons to learn, especially if something bothers us more than it should. Looking at an experience from your soul’s perspective may help you find answers to deeper questions you may be asking and bring solace to your body, mind, heart, and soul.
In conclusion, remember, we are at a pivotal point in the story of humanity. Many of us women now have the freedom to awaken to the power of our Divine Feminine and our wombs. Nothing that you experienced – physically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and medically – can stop you from awakening and connecting to your womb on a whole new level. The only thing that can stop anyone is their reluctance to see events from more balanced perspectives and their unwillingness to let go of stored pain. Accepting life for what it presents while also being open to its mysteries and newer possibilities can bring peace and healing.