I see the womb as a sacred space, a powerhouse.
However, for many, this sacred powerhouse turns into a junkyard that houses trash of varied kinds – negative beliefs around menstruation, pregnancy, childbirth, and sexuality, and wounds associated with any or all of them. These beliefs and wounds can block their connection to one of the most beautiful energy centers – the sacral chakra.
I did not always see the womb as sacred. Until some years back, I held some very negative beliefs about my womb too. I saw my menstrual cycles as a nuisance and childbirth as something to dread.
Being on the healing path has taught me the significance of the womb and completely shifted how I view it.
The womb houses your creative potential. From an energetic perspective, this creative potential is not restricted to creating new life but to creating anything of value, beauty, or significance.
Connecting to your womb is a healing journey in itself.
Just as Reiki begins to speak to you when you connect to it, the womb also speaks to you when you become quiet enough to tune in to its wisdom.
I will be writing a lot more about this in the future as I explore the depths of womb healing and deepen my understanding of it.
But for now, all I wish to say is –
- There is beauty in your menstrual cycles. When you stop seeing them as a ‘nuisance,’ they reveal their splendour to you.
- Much like the moon, your cycles get you to travel through different phases – sometimes you are full of energy, sometimes you are low on energy, sometimes you shine bright, sometimes you encounter darkness, sometimes you brim with creative potential and get into ‘doing mode’, sometimes you retreat and need to ‘just be.’ When you are completely in sync with your body, you will know exactly how it is feeling at a given point in your cycle. Our worldly responsibilities may make it impossible for us to live in perfect accordance with the phases of the cycle. However, we can certainly do as much as we practically can. Something is better than nothing!
- So also with pregnancy and childbirth – when you see them for the miracle that they are and come into sync with the process unfolding within you, your entire experience of it shifts.
- What if you don’t menstruate anymore? What if you’re way past your childbearing years? What if you cannot bear children for some reason? What if you do not wish to bear children? Doesn’t matter. You still have a womb and you can learn to connect to its wisdom. Even if your physical womb has been removed for medical reasons, you still can connect to the energetic equivalent of it – your sacral chakra.
- And how could doing all of this help you? Personally, I have found that healing my womb has freed up a lot of stagnant energy and put me in touch with all aspects of my womanhood on a much deeper level. I feel more at ease within my body and enjoy my cycles. I try to live in accordance with the wisdom of my cycles to the extent possible. My creative potential is at its peak and I am able to churn out creative projects effortlessly. I cannot go back to the days of my pregnancy but I am able to connect to the experience energetically, relive it on a whole new level and integrate this new healed energy into my being.
I have a feeling this journey is going to get deeper and reveal more to me with time. I will share it with you as it unfolds. Until then, do see if you would like to embark on this sacred journey of healing your womb. If you feel called to it, you can be certain the path will be revealed to you!
2 thoughts on “Healing The Womb: A Journey Into Your Sacral”
Love to understand and take care of my womb healing also, how I can heal my womb.?
Hello Alyssa. Just posted a new article – https://whenspiritmeetsscience.com/2022/07/20/womb-love-meditation-for-beginners/ Do check it out. Blessings.