A Sacred Marriage (or equivalent romantic relationship) has varied definitions.
This is how I describe it-
- In a Sacred Marriage, both partners are in love with themselves before they fall in love with each other. Or, they learn to love themselves as they journey together. There is no question of one partner completing the other with their love. Both partners are whole and complete in themselves, and this whole and complete love is shared and enjoyed.
- The energy of ex-romantic partners (if any) is cleared, so it doesn’t interfere with the energy dynamics between the couple. When exes linger in the energy field, it blocks a couple from achieving their highest potential together. When old energy is cleared, the field is fertile for new possibilities to take birth.
- The primary focus of a Sacred Marriage remains on love. When love is first priority, differences don’t feel like a big deal anymore. Partners may even grow to love one another’s differences. They recognise the strength their differences bring to the relationship.
- The longer couples are together, the more each partner gets to see the good, bad, and ugly in the other partner. However, since love seals the relationship, the relationship remains alive even after the passing of the honeymoon phase- when we feel so intoxicated we notice only the good! It is possible to sustain that feeling of intoxication provided one is willing to vibrate at the higher frequency of unconditional love! I can’t explain how exactly this works but when you love unconditionally, the romance feels as alive as it did when you first met. It’s possibly just the power of love at work.
- Love becomes the foundation of sexual connection. Intimacy ceases to be a primal or mechanical activity to be checked off one’s to-do list. It evolves into a sacred platform to share and experience the depths of love with another soul.
Unconditional love – for self and for the other – is integral to the building of a Sacred Marriage.
Don’t let this list intimidate or discourage you! The purpose of sharing this is to put forth the perspective of love being the building block in a Sacred Marriage.
Don’t worry if your partner doesn’t understand this kind of stuff. Just do your part.
To be honest, though I am the energy healer here, it was my husband who demonstrated the true meaning of unconditional love to me. He didn’t worry if I would ever get it! He just loved for the sake of love.
Over years, I learnt from who he was and the capacity to love unconditionally was awakened within me too. So, all you have to do is work on yourself and not worry about whether your partner is working as hard as you or not.
Remember, your soul has picked a specific person to be your partner for a reason. Honour your soul’s choice without comparing yourself to other couples. You are exactly where you are meant to be. And when you do your inner work, the Universe pitches in to support you in every way possible.
If you resonate with this article, it means there is every possibility you have it in you to build a Sacred Marriage. Or you are already in one and you just have to recognise it.
I wish you love, joy, and peace!
P.S: This does not apply to relationships that are abusive in nature. No one must put up with abuse of any kind. Seek professional help if you are in a toxic relationship.